Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Solving all of the worlds' problems...

Watch this at your own risk! Eric took it from my camera and it's really cool, but it is a little herky-jerky in places. It is the view from our roof here at the apartments. We have a gorgeous view of the mountains, and the one that has a big "dent" in it that is all by itself is called "La silla" or The Chair. It is the landmark of Monterrey. It is very pretty. This morning all of the mountains you see here were covered with clouds. Jared pointed that out to me and I thought it was very pretty.

Well today has been busy. I still have to finish my assignment for my grad class... it's due by midnight tonight. I am sure I will get it done.

This morning I finally met with the people who are in charge of this program and got a lot of things taken care of. I got our tuition paid for and as it turns out, it is $200 cheaper per student than what we had budgeted for. The apartments are cheaper than the dorms and since we're here in the apartments, he took care of that for me. I know that is great news for my kids. Plus we got our food cards- there is a pre-set amount on it that the kids will use for lunch Monday-Friday. That was awesome too. We went and had lunch in the cafeteria and it was pretty good. I really don't know exactly what I had, but it was tasty. I mean that I don't know exactly what kind of soup I had or what was on the chicken but it was nice.

So 2 of my kids came by our door a little while ago. Turns out they were locked out by one of the other roomies on accident. She has the key and she went to the salsa class at a club- it's a school sponsored event. They don't get back until midnight. Well believe it or not, there are no extra keys and the emergency keys are in the other office that is only open during regular business hours! That was a little interesting. We chatted with them for awhile and they just left. Crazy!

We can't believe how quickly this week has gone. Last Thursday I was still in school and just 7 days later... wow. Classes are getting pretty involved too. Lots of work involved and my kids aren't used to that- but they are enjoying everything. Claudia and Erica cut their hair! It looks so cute too. They had long hair and now it is to their shoulders (Erica) and chin (Claudia). Cute cute cute!

My boys are doing well in their daycare. I don't know exactly what they do all day but Jared is happy and so is Drew. I will try and ask about it next week. I don't always go pick them up because I usually am pulled in 5 directions at the same time. Eric picked them up today so I could work on my assignment. He did laundry this evening too. It's free! I will probably do some this weekend but it isn't urgent for me yet.

I am busy being House Mom and mom to my goofballs too. I think once I get this class over with I will enjoy next week a lot more. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. We go to the planetarium tomorrow at 3 and we will bring our boys along as well. Monday we have an essay due, a test and 3 other question things due... that is just for one class. We are a bit busy but having a really great time. A lot of my kids want to come again and I told them that would be fine- even though they have graduated. It's the whole experience. I hope it continues to be a positive one for them the rest of the month!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.