Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Santa Lucia






Well today we had our classes and everything went well. Our history prof. told us about a place 30 miles or so from here that has good food and good shopping. HELLO! I want to go! We only had our business class for an hour today because the prof. had a previous commitment. We will make up the class in small increments so we don't have a 3 hour class.


I had tortas again for lunch. I brought them to the place we went yesterday and boy did they enjoy them! Good, cheap food. Tonight I mentioned to Eric that Dad would have made a pig out of himself in that place because he would have had to try a lot of them and then he would have ordered waaaay too much... Eric wasn't really hungry so he didn't eat with us. I came back and had a nap and then we picked up the kids. Brains are just full of class and Spanish and just the regular life here.


I started working on my homework for my grad class and the boys were bouncing off the walls. They had a great day at daycare and Jared ate his lunch! They were so happy they gave him a huge bag of candy. HMM. :) He really enjoys it there and so does Drew. It's about $539 a month for both of them- including 2 meals so that is a great deal. Anyway we decided to go exploring so we got a taxi and headed to downtown Monterrey. We didn't see a lot of the city, we went to the "riverwalk" of Santa Lucia. Those are the pictures I put on for today. It was really pretty- I liked it much better than San Antonio's Riverwalk actually. We did the boat ride. Before getting on the boat Drew kept acting like he was going to jump in the water. Yeah. No fear with that kid I swear. There are parks, flowers, fountains and art all along the way. It was beautiful and relaxing. Kids enjoyed the first part but on the way back they got a little antsy. We came home and saw some cool parts of the city along the way. Kids are now in bed and I am going to start working on my homework real soon... UGH I have a big assignment due tomorrow for the grad class and I am about halfway done. Oh well!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.