Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

HOT


OK. Today was just plain hot. It got up to 107 that I saw. That is not including the heat index. That made it 109. Whoopdeedoo. This morning was not too bad but wow this afternoon that sun just made you HOT.
We had to go in early today because our teacher had an obligation last week and we missed an hour of the first class. So we are making it up a half our at a time. On the way to class today Eric saw the buck. He was just chilling in the grass and he looked great. I had to take the picture with my iphone so I couldn't zoom in really well. We also saw the fawn and its mom but I didn't take a picture of them. So cool. One of my kids lost their pre-paid lunch card so I took care of that during the first class. Got a new one for her and it will be active tomorrow. History class is covering soooo much this week it is a tad overwhelming when you break it down. I really enjoy the classes we are taking.

We picked the boys up from daycare and we came back to our apartment and a lot of the kids came by. Eric is working with 3 of them in a group and David came by to pick up his money. Drew loooooves Diana and wanted to leave with her but I wanted to go out to eat! So everyone left and we went to El Pollo Loco which is like a block from here. We have them in Dallas but I haven't been there before. Well we chowed down and it was relatively cheap for us to all eat there. $14 for chicken, tortillas, 2 drinks and fries. As you can see from the picture, Jared really enjoyed it. He gets corn tortillas at lunch at daycare so he knew to put his food in there. He had fun putting chips, chicken, fries all together in his tortilla. We ate outside... yes it was warm, but it was covered and there was a nice breeze. The bonus was we were right on the road so Drew could see his buses go by.

We walked to the Oxxo and Eric got an ice cream and Jared got a Twix. I got some weird breath mint that I thought was candy and just bit through it. It's cool but weird. Drew didn't get anything even though he did try to pull off everything from the shelves.

Boys are in bed now. Eric and Jared went to play catch again. That is a nice routine that they have. We watched some Mexican baseball game on tv too. Eric is going to go and study with his group and work on tomorrow's presentation.

Tomorrow after class we will get everyone packed up. Jared has his field trip and I am sure we will leave early afternoon. We don't know where we are going but hey- we got here just fine!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.