Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Monday, June 9, 2008

First day of school








Well we did it. We got to school on time and walked around the campus. I really don't know why we did that because we walked to an office building, did nothing and then walked halfway back across campus to our classroom. Maybe they were looking for our information or something. It was no big deal but man did we do a lot of walking today!

I had left Eric home with the boys so he could look into the daycare a couple blocks down the street. I needed to be with my students since I am their contact person. So after we got settled into our first class (Business in Mexico) then I walked back to the apartment and found Eric and the boys there. We filled out a little paperwork and brought the boys to the daycare and hurried back to school. We had a small window of time because if the kids left at 11 for the next class, I had no idea where that was. We got back in plenty of time though. Don't know how this class will be. I think it will be "fine" but I think we will just chat and discuss things and do a grammar review more than anything else. Our next class was History of Mexico and boy will that be intense to say the least. Each Monday we will have an essay test in class. We will also have a Personal Essay due each week that is only about 3-4 pages. HA! We will cover a lot each period but the teacher is fascinating and I know we will learn a lot. Both classes will be very good for my kids.
Right now Eric is cleaning the kitchen. He is spraying bug spray everywhere and then will wipe everything down. It's kind of gross. Oh well- it's only for a month! We ate lunch and then came back to school for orientation at 3. That lasted until 5:30 and we hurried to pick up the boys. They were fine and normally we will not be at school for that long. I am so exhausted from the heat and humidity (95 degrees and 41%) and all of the walking and stairs etc. We just ate at home tonight. Eric took a group of kids to the grocery store and got them all hooked up while I stayed home with the boys. Tonight Drew took a shower with Jared. He did much, much better this time as he sat on the floor of the shower and Jared helped bathe him. It's hard because there is just a shower in each bathroom and no tub so if I try to wash him then water gets everywhere. Anyway, it went well. The boys are in bed and I am working on my homework for my grad classes... Yeah. I have no energy. Tomorrow will be better because we know sooooo much more than we did today.
Our first excursion isn't until Friday. We will go to the planetarium. Saturday we have a tour of the city. I don't know how long either of those tours will last but we will bring the kids. Don't really have any other options there. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.