Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cooler weather!!!





Well today was just gorgeous. It was overcast most of the day and so the temperature did not reach Scorching. Classes were good. Had a history test today and it was "interesting". Eric was really tired and didn't stay to eat. I ended up ordering tacos and bringing them back to the apartment. When I got there he told me that I was going to have a manicure and pedicure this afternoon! What a surprise!!! That is why there is a picture of my toe on this post. She cut it a little funky but hey- it was the thought that counted. It was not quite like the pedicures I have had here, but it wasn't super different either. She and I were the only people in the salon and she asked a LOT of questions. It was very interesting. She was quite young though and curious about things so hey- we passed two hours just chatting about life.

I got out about 6 and was walking home when I heard someone yelling, "MOM". So I look around and finally I look up and there are Drew, Eric and Jared standing on the roof of the apartment building looking for me. It was cute. So I go up the elevator and didn't see them- thought they had come back down to the apartment... so I came down and they weren't here either. So I went back up... I could hear Drew crying for me but I still didn't see them so I came back down again. Turns out they were in the elevator coming down and that is when I heard Drew. Crazy!! The weather was so nice we decided to go to the macroplaza and have dinner and do some shopping. We were looking for soccer jerseys and a wrestling mask for Jared. It was such a lovely evening!!

Went to a book store first. Drew decided to scream but it wasn't because he was mad- he was just having fun. I bought a book and a couple of magazines and Jared got a comic book. We had dinner at Burger King and I swear Drew had 7 chicken tenders and Jared had 8. They were bottomless pits. We found Jared's mask (see above) and he is happy as a clam about that. We went to the mall we went into the other day and they had some native people making beautiful crafts. I was fascinated with the weaving and the pottery. They were making them right there! It was amazing to watch them. I bought a few things and then we kept on walking. We were full from dinner so we didn't get any other snacks. Drew thought it was fun watching everyone. We finally left around 8:30 and everyone is in bed now. It was so nice to be able to go outside and not sweat to death!!

I was taking pictures of Jared in his mask and then Drew decided he needed to wear it so I could take pictures of him. Then he wanted me to take pictures of him in his Burger King crown. He thinks he is so very clever... Today was our last Monday!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.