Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fried to a crisp








Well I am a little bit sunburned... Just a tad. We got up and went to the school and we were on time. I was proud of everyone because they had gone out last night but yet they were all there when they needed to be. It was great. There were 2 buses there and 2 other groups but we weren't getting on their buses- we were waiting for the 3rd one. This was at 10am. At 11:40 we were still waiting when the bus finally arrived. The director of the program was with us the whole time- he is the one I have been communicating with from the beginning- and boy was he not happy about this situation AT ALL! He had somewhere else he was supposed to be and he couldn't go until the situation was resolved. No one could get a straight answer... and then the bus was finally on its way and it got into a minor fender bender. Wow. Everyone was great but we were out in the heat and humidity for that whole time without getting to see anything. The boys were good and were excited to get on the bus when it finally got there. Drew is fascinated by buses and we have to point them out whenever we see one. He doesn't say his "s" yet so it's just "buh" to him but he is pumped.
Anyway, we had a great guide and he showed us a ton of things. With the late start we had to cut some things short but all in all I think we had a very thorough tour. We started out with the first picture you see- of the Obisbado. It was set high up on a hill and had a great view of the whole city. It was built for protection etc. and you could also see the cemetery where all the rich and famous people have been buried. I put sunscreen on myself and the kids at that time. I used some new stuff- Coppertone kids something- and I really liked how easy it went on. Just sharing.
After that we went back down the steep hill and went to the Macro Plaza. This is the area that has the government buildings etc. Shopping there too. That is what the 2nd and 3rd pictures are of. After that we went on the boats at Santa Lucia... kids hadn't been there yet. That is what the movie is.... Of course this whole time we are walking around outside and it is HOT! Eric and Drew went home when we got to the boats because of the heat. We still hadn't had lunch yet but that was ok. We enjoyed our ride but boy it was hot. We were under the cover of the boat's "roof" but we were still out in the heat. UGH
We went and ate pizza afterwards (at 3:00!) and well, it was less than stellar. The place was PACKED though and more and more people kept coming in. We were not very impressed. We commented on how it's similar when Mexicans come to Texas and eat at a Tex-Mex place and they don't really like it either... yet the place is packed. I think this was kind of the same situation. Our tour guide was great the whole time and we might see if he can meet us at another place sometime and give us the history of it etc.
Of course I came back and passed out. Jared played on my computer. We went to dinner at Chili's tonight. Is that crazy or what? Food was good though. Drew ate like a champ and flirted with everyone that came by. I hope they will sleep later than they did today. Of course Drew was up at 7am! Sheesh.
I turned in my 3 journals and took my final so I am FINISHED with this course. The next course will start June 20 and it is going to be so easy for me- integrating technology into schools etc. I could probably bust out most of the work without spending too much time on it. So I will have a few days to relax!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.