Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good times






Today was fun! School was good- some kids are fighting stomach stuff and colds and weren't in school today but it isn't anything major. The weather was pretty decent and it wasn't super duper humid. Eric didn't sleep much last night so he was pretty tired today. The class had to do some presentations on stereotypes and I thought they were pretty good. I ended up not going to history class because I stayed and chatted with Rosy- our business teacher. Eric laughs at me because she and I just go on and on and on. We always have so much to say!

We had lunch at school and we tried their little taco place and boy were those good. YUUUUM. Came back and napped and then we went to the Mexican History Museum here in Monterrey. We picked up the boys and went in a taxi and Claudia, Janet and Erica went too- but in another taxi. Tuesdays are free admission so we took advantage of that. Boy was that a great museum. We saw a lot of cool things and the stuff that we have been learning about in history. It was very well done and it was pretty.

After the museum we went to the macroplaza. It is a really cool place with lots of shops, restaurants and a mall. It isn't anything fancy- but it is a place where lots of folks go to hang out. We had dinner there and then walked around a bit. Eric had watermelon juice and I had a great limeade. It was really fun and I enjoyed the atmosphere. It was "real life" in Monterrey. Jared loved hanging with the girls of course. :) As you can see in the pictures and video he might as well have been with them the whole time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

I just found your blog through Angela's. I've read all your posts, but am a bit confused. How many students are with you?

I'm glad that you had the road trip into the mountains and got to experience topes and other challenges.

I'll be watching for future posts.

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.