Blog about our trip to Monterrey!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Trip reflection

OK. We're back. We're unpacked. I've had Taco Bell. Everything is good. It still seems a little strange. I know we were gone for a month- the mail was proof of that! Jared is with Kyle. They are having fun. Eric went back to work today and I am trying to do whatever it is I am going to do.

The trip was good. We learned a lot and I don't mean Spanish or History or Business or whatever. We learned that we can pick up the family and drive forever and live in a small 2 bedroom apartment for a month. I think what saved me was being able to have internet access in the apartment so I could stay in touch with people and with what was going on in the world.

I really enjoyed our experiences there. It was wild being there as a mom and a teacher this time instead of a college student. It was fun seeing my students live some of the experiences I did and at the same school (different campus but still).

Next time we will hire a cleaning person to do the floors and bathrooms once a week. Just too much for us to try to keep up with. We will also need to find a new place for Jared too- he is a little too old for the other place.

We enjoyed the school, that is for sure. We should be able to manage the trip much better/easier etc. next year. We'll start planning much earlier this year and we hope to stay in the apartments again as it is a couple hundred dollars cheaper- and right next to the school. Lots of things like that.

It was a really great experience and I loved watching my students grow and learn from what they learned in class and applied that with what they already knew. It was amazing to watch them sometimes!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you know me, you know me.